I just want to put it out into the ether that there’s something about Macaulay Culkin that draws me to him. I have this theory that on each of our social media platforms, 5-8% of your friends, followers, mortal enemies, etc. see/read/watch what we post. And ohhhhhhhhh boy… if you’re one of those “he was so well liked, he had SO many friends and people who loved him” people that ends up murdered and on a riveting Dateline episo—wait. My bad. I mean… and if you’re one of those very well liked and everybody loves you people, I bump it up to 10-12%. I’ll be honest. I don’t know if this is actually MY theory, or if I read it somewhere or if it’s a spin-off of that “you only use 10% of the clothing in your closet” statistic. Lately I’ve been making up statistics that sound logical. Yesterday I told a friend that 3% of the world’s population are murderers. See? Sounds logical, but DO YOUR RESEARCH! Make sure what you read and share comes from a reputable source and not from a girl who...
With my dear friend Linsanity's latest woes, I had already started populating my "Letters to Lindsay - version 2.0. I really thought she was going to go back to the slammer, I was uberly excited that this was going to happen because then we could re-ignite the relationship we started over the summer. MISS THIS GIRL! I'll be honest once she was sprung from Lynwood, I tried to keep in contact but it was tough because no one would give me her address, she never replied to my tweets, and the impossible happened - I couldn't even get anything out of Michael Lohan's mouth. Then the judge sentenced her to the worst possible thing: rehab until January 3rd 2011. I thoroughly oppose rehabs, I'm a staunch believer in the old saying "Rehab is for quitters!" I cannot with a clean conscience continually write a daily letter to the Lin-dawg and address it to "Betty Ford Center." It would go against everything I believe in. After much contemplation...
The internet. The bloody brilliant internet. It is a genius way to make friends with complete strangers, some who are completely cooler than everyone in your entire social circle since kindergarten. Recently I have found out that true friendships really can happen on this information super highway. Four days ago I received an email from YouTube that someone named ‘chickenwingsaregood’ commented on one of my videos. I think he (I’m assuming it’s a black guy, I don’t know why) was so mesmerized and in such an emotional overload, that he would type exactly what came to his mind and then 20 seconds later realize he forgot to include something. From the time I read his very first comment we began, what I can only describe as a dream friendship. I feel like he gets me and I get him right back. I have to thank the internet for documenting the beginning of this life long lasting friendship. Lucky for all of you the internet documents every little thing that...
Comments
Post a Comment