Guilty Pleasures

Guilty pleasures. We all have them... for a while. Then one day, we finally grow a pair, either metaphorically or if you're a guy and your testicles have stilllllll not descended you get a pair too.

I won't speak for you, but in my eyes and maybe only in mine, it seems as you grow older, your guilty pleasures become less and less guilty and bit by bit more endearing.

Chandra's go-to Example: The Disney Channel
Who didn't grow up obsessed with Duck Tales (wooo-hooo), Under the Umbrella Tree, Mickey Mouse Club, Darkwing Duck, and Kidssssss Incorrrrparated (K-I-D-S), Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers.  Nothing to be ashamed about, but then...I was in my 20s (WAIT, I'M STILL IN MY 20s) and refound the Disney Channel like people who become born again Christians. I became obsessed with Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Wizards of Waverly Place, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody...followed by The Suite Life on Deck)...the list could go on. When a guy came along, one of the first things I would make known was... my one "flaw", my love for the channel, because hey, if he couldn't get on board with that, I couldn't get on board his penis... I mean, him. 

For a couple of years I was embarrassed I loved the channel so much, but one day, I thought, "hey, who cares? Love what you love. If Rascal Flatts sings it with the word "who" instead of "what", it must be the truth."  Ever since then I haven't been ashamed to say I'm a 20-something who watches the Disney Channel. It freed me, like a person free of student loans or herpes.  There is no better feeling than the feeling of freedom, I think Lee Greenwood's song proved that to all of us.  So here I am right now, freeing it up, yo.

 I am going to share my guilty pleasures with you. Those things I enjoy doing, yet, feel guilty about, until now. In the words of the great Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf "I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!" Sure, he was talking about the love of his life, but it's still kind of the same, kind of.

Chandra's guilty pleasures, in no particular order:

- I have conversations with myself

- Sometimes, I go to the bathroom at work (yup)

- When I visit home, I take my bra off and lay in my mom's lap and make her scratch my back

- At times, I go two, maybe, three days without showering (I will say that I do bird bath those days though and it's usually begins on weekends...the majority of the time)

- I like to lie on my couch watching seasons of TV on Netflix or DVD and only get up to pee (longest time ever, 17 hours)

- If I'm cold, I put my left hand in my pants

- I have children's Christian music on my iPod (i.e. Father Abraham - he did, he did have many sons, Lord's Army and Books of the Bible song, I can spit off the first 12 of the Old Testament like nobody's business, son).

-I don't make my bed. It makes me feel independent

- I actually REALLY enjoy the movie Gigli

- Sometimes I think about my friends and if they died, what an awesome eulogy I'd give them

- I have an unhealthy obsession with female TV writers, comedians, and actresses

- I like eating a slice of white bread with just mayonnaise on it (this I blame on the discontinuation of Mohawk Valley limburger cheese)

- I have an oral fixation, don't get dirty people ( I don't enjoy doing that, sometimes you just have to suck it up, yes... a pun) but I like things going towards my mouth (Freud nailed that one)

- I still pick my nose sometimes. Often when driving in the car, you know, the time where every single person's eyes are directly on you

- When I'm wasted, I sit at the end of my couch and pretend I'm being interviewed on Letterman (I ask the questions and answer) 



Please, take me as I am people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Got a Theory

Her, Him & Them: Based on a Fictional True Story

You're Judging Me? I'm Judging You?