An Open Letter To My Friends Who Have Once Said They Think Amy Schumer Is Funny

I'm on  a roll you guys. It's been one day since my last post. 

Hey friends,
The ones that love comedy, the ones that laugh at funny, inappropriate things. The ones that watch the roasts on Comedy Central and tell me "Dude, Amy Schumer, is so funny." Really? Is she funny? Then why the fuck aren't you watching Inside Amy Schumer? 

With each of friends, I know their level of humor, what they can or cannot handle. Well most of the time. I admit there are times I say something to a person and immediately think "too far." The majority of the time though I have an amazing gauge on it. 

Amy Schumer somehow does and says the inappropriate in such an appropriate way that I want to become her best friend, and I want her to give me a job. Amy, if you are reading this, I'd be the perfect candidate to be hired at minimum wage (minimum wage is 20.00/hr now, right?) just to give you your morning cookie at the appropriate temperature.

The best part of having someone like a show you like is the discussion after and the way you can throw parts of the show into your everyday conversations.

Another best part is, if you like her standup and spots on the roasts, her standup is incorporated in the show, and an added bonus, some of her standup is put into sketches.

A few of many quotes I would put into use with friends if they fucking watched the show:
"Your tits make Katy Perry's look like the Holocaust."
"Whoa...stay away from my window, Melissa Etheridge."
"I asked for some chardonnay...and in a 9/11 twist...they didn't have any."
"I don't want kids or marriage yet. The only ring I'm interested in is the Nuva Ring

Amy's show has a way of talking about and showing things that actually happen to us in real life but in the funniest way. Not in a "Omg Amy, you're disgusting" way, but an "Omg Amy, yes. Exactly" way.

Check a clip, son...or mija...



If you've never seen her standup, here are some sweet tidbits:
"It's a weird age. They're like, 'Amy, I'm pregnant.' And I still don't know whether to be like, 'Congratulations,' or 'Do you ned a ride?'"
"I know what I look like, like you'd bang me, but you wouldn't blog about it."
"I blackout whenever I drink anything other than beer and wine. No, it is the worst. Your mind is asleep, but your body is like, 'tonight is my night.' You're in a coma with glowsticks."
"I hooked with French guy. I didn't even know he was French. I was like wasted because I like fun."

Tonight is the second to last episode of season one. Watch the last two, catch the ones you missed on Hulu or comedycentral.com, if they are there, then just make sure to set your DVR for season two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Got a Theory

Her, Him & Them: Based on a Fictional True Story

You're Judging Me? I'm Judging You?