YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS


“If we end up divorcing let’s be civil... for the children”

That was something I was going to say in a video I wanted to shoot today but I don’t feel like making attempts to be funny …or showering

My mind has been consumed with thoughts since Friday night.

I don’t know Christina Grimmie’s music. I didn’t follow her when she was on The Voice, I remember she was on The Voice though and I did think to myself, “That’s weird she’s on The Voice. I thought she had already made it. What's she doing here on The Voice?"

Before she was just Selena Gomez she was Selena Gomez and the Scene and when they were around I was deep into my Disney Channel addiction so I knew that Christina Grimmie was touring with them, so I had just assumed she was in.

When Andy Lassner retweeted the news report that she was shot at HER own concert and tweeted “WTF” I too said out loud… “WTF?!”  

It reminded me of Selena… my Selena (I can call her that, I met her dad, so) …she was shot and killed when she was 23. Both of them just like at the tip of becoming what they were supposed to become. Just very senseless deaths… the difference besides Christina’s just seeming utterly random and disturbed is that Christina was literally in the middle of living her dream, like in that exact moment when her life was taken away, living her dream. What. The. Actual. Fuck.

I really want to make note that Christina’s brother was a real hero and definitely saved a bunch of lives by tackling the killer. Not taking out his own gun and shooting him, but tackling him…

I do this thing now where I don’t watch Snapchats through the day, I save them up and when I wake up I watch the stories. Sunday morning Snapchat was the first app I opened. I went through my friends' and celebrities' I wish were my friends stories and at the bottom is where the LIVE stories are at. And the first story was title LA IS WITH ORLANDO. Immediately my mind went to Christina than I thought no that couldn’t be it. Then as I closed the app and made my way to Twitter I thought to myself “what the fuck did Orlando do now?” And now we all know.

So here in no particular are my thoughts and questions that permeated through all the anger in my mind all day Sunday except for 6 minutes when my best friend’s kid FaceTimed me to tell me she made her T-ball All Star Team (because she is seriously so fucking legit)


-You know what, maybe we should just get rid of Florida, make it, its own country. It lives far away, it’s not related, it lifts right out. What a horrible state it is. (says the girl from New Jersey)*

*okay this was my first thought and granted it was unfair just because of a few bad seeds Florida has and by few I mean like several thousands. I really do know amazing people who live in Florida so I take back suggesting we build a wall around Florida. And I think Oprah should buy every single person who was standing in line to donate blood a car. Listen, we all have thoughts that we think and know shouldn’t be put out in the world. This one’s mine.

Okay, NOW in no particular order

-Oh look at these nice thoughts and prayers. They’re nice. Not really doing anything to change. But hey…it’s nice. Funny story the definition of insanity is repeating...

-Is Trump being for realsies?
-Oh my God he is.

-Like can we just TRY something out?

-Do we/can we blame the senators who back in December voted AGAINST blocking people on the terror watch list from buying guns for the 49 deaths in Orlando? Dude bought his guns a week ago, if that bill was passed…

-So what? You just want to blow up the entire Middle East, or…?

-How does that stop the people born here from shooting up movie theaters, clubs, colleges, malls and classrooms full of FIRST GRADERS?

-WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE ON TWITTER SO TERRIFIED PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TAKE THEIR GUNS?
Sure. America can’t ever have enough checkout lanes open at Target but yeah they are definitely going to go door to door collecting your guns

-I have to throw out my water at the airport and buy a $6 one because my water might be ……???????? 
-Someone on a no fly list for fear they will hijack a plane or kill people on the plane can just go buy a gun and as much ammunition as they want?

-You can’t blame an entire religion or race. You’re just asking to be put in school history books as the 2nd coming of Nazi Germany

-I have no criminal history, if I was for some reason banned from purchasing a gun, I would not have any idea how to get a gun. It seems difficult, to me, a person with no criminal history. Do I just walk up to someone who looks like a criminal and ask them if they are a criminal and if they have a gun I can get?

-I’m almost done this tub of frosting its only 3 PM, I should have bought two. Stupid, Chandra.

-A gay guy can’t give another gay guy blood? I don’t even—

-You can’t deport an American citizen.

-How do so many politicians who were once so VEHEMENTLY against another politician go ahead and endorse them to lead our country?

-I personally would never feel safer with more guns around me.

-I personally would never feel safer if I had a gun. I’m not—I just... I wouldn’t be good with a gun.

-I personally would feel safer if guns fingerprint activated, like our iPhones.

-Has anyone come up with that yet?
-I don’t hear anyone answering me.
-DIBS!
-Patent pending. 
 
- I just feel like if people had guns on them in a dark nightclub, more people would be dead right now.

- I'm all for security guards carrying guns.
 
-We have Air Marshals on planes why don’t we have Land Marshals on land? Or is that a thing already? 
-DIBS!
-Patent pending.

-Can we please just TRY something? If it doesn’t work, Fine. Cool. Let’s try something else.

-Why was this guy refused when trying to buy body armor, but guns not a problem?

-Is it not a red flag when someone wants to buy body armor?

-Why do I have so many gray hairs
-Where are they coming from?

-Why does anyone NEED a rifle for protection?

-I get wanting to protect yourself and your family but if you can’t shoot a person down with a semi automatic pistol with a 12 round magazine, you shouldn’t be in possession of a gun in the first place.
  
-You want to shoot a rifle and feel like Rambo? Great, go to a gun rage, rent one and shoot it there.

-Why do I need references to rent an apartment but don’t need any references to buy something that was MADE for killing? My apartment was not made for killing, I could never kill you with my apartment… unless I lit it on fire while you were in it, but I would never do that to you. I love you.

-You guys still keeping up with Steven Avery

-Stop promoting a ban so you make it seem like you would have been able to ban the guy who was born here. Not all Americans are stupid.

-Okay there’s over 1,000 people on terror watch list? Ban those 1,000 people from buying guns.

-You don’t have enough man power to keep track of the people on the list? Okay, so hire more fucking people. I’d pay more taxes if it was guaranteed to help keep us safe.

-When people ask for a moment of silence now, during that moment what are they thinking? Are they thinking “I wonder when the next moment of silence is going to be”?

-Apple updates their stuff like twice a year to stay with the ever changing times. The Second Amendment hasn’t been updated since 1791, so like... ever 

-The solution will never be just black or white. It can’t be one way or the other. It’s going to have to be gray to work.

-I found out what that falling dream is, it’s your mind literally fighting between your waking state and your sleeping state

-I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ARE SO UP IN ARMS (WINK) ABOUT UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS AND STRONGER BACKGROUND CHECKS. WHY IS THAT A PROBLEM FOR YOU? SERIOUSLY? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME.

Every once in a while I wonder like why is it gun violence, Chandra? Why is that the thing most important to you? And I answer myself because you know I’M NOT CRAZY, and it’s always something like because it’s sad and senseless. I literally just asked myself this again and like a fucking savant it came me so clear and pretty in a nice wrapped box with a bow; I care so much about this because the way we are going I know that I am inevitably going to be personally affected by gun violence one day. I just know it. If we keep going like this with no change happening… I mean…


You’re more likely to be affected by gun violence than you are to be chosen for jury duty

OKAY I JUST MADE THAT STATISTIC UP, BUT IT SOUNDS PLAUSIBLE, NO?




-There’s a lot of toaster oven ads popping up on my social media. Did I search for one in my sleep?
-Why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Got a Theory

Her, Him & Them: Based on a Fictional True Story

You're Judging Me? I'm Judging You?