My Favorite Songs Playlist - Part 2

Oh crap. Here we are again... it's Robin Sparkles 2, y'all!!!!!  Just kidding. I wish I was Robin Sparkles, but here we are again.  Another list of my favorite songs of all time that will never get old to me. I know you have been on the edge. Sitting, waiting, wishing (calm down people, Jack Johnson, will pop in another playlist) impatiently for weeks and weeks.

You Keep Me Hangin' On - The Supremes

Somewhere in my superficial soul there is a deepness...and this song is in that undiscovered territory . Not much to say about it beside the fact that it is awesome and a fun "Let me get the hell over whatever you are doing to me. I'm so fed up" song.
Favorite line- And there ain't nothing I can do about it.


Skyscraper - Demi Lovato 
Please don't be surprised that I have another playlist, with another Demi Lovato song on it. It will be a common occurrence. I've been a Demi fan from the beginning. There is no denying the girl has a voice and I feel like this is the first song that the majority of people I know, and the majority of the world took notice of it. She is am-- I want to say amazeballs, but in reality she deserves an AMAZING. 
Favorite line- As the smoke clears, I awaken, and untangle you from me. Would it make you, feel better to watch me while I bleed

A Change Gonna Come - Sam Cooke 
I don't have soul, but this song is soul and makes me want to quit my job and try to search for it. It's a hit. There is something in that 15 second intro that lets you know, something amazing is about to happen.
Favorite line -It's been too hard living, but I'm afraid to die

As Long As You Love Me (acoustic) - Justin Bieber
So...I think the Biebs is a little punk and needs someone to put him in his place. At the same time though, I also think he is talented and when he works, he works hard. I love this song off his acoustic album and I love that he takes Big Sean's rap part and does it himself.
Favorite line -But the grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it

A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
I have liked this song from the first time I heard it, but it got a new meaning when one of my oldest friends, who has known me before I ever wore my hair down, gotten braces or my period, walked down the aisle to this song on her wedding day to her high school sweetheart, who broke up when he graduated and then years later found each other again. It's a story that really makes me believe in love and soulmates.
Favorite line(s) - I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid I have loved you, for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more


The Bridge - Dinner and a Suit
I've have literally known these boys since they were in diapers. I also literally haven't spoken to or seen them in years. I don't know their drummer at all, but I have known the other three. Something I didn't know is how awesome, hot and talented they would end up being. This song is amazing as are their others. I bought this song years ago and it's not on iTunes, so sucks to be you if you want it. They tour all over and I'm proud of them from way beyond, in the rafters. It seems they have not only grown into rockstars, but gentlemen as well. Jonathan  the lead singer registers with me as a Nick Jonas type, soulful, talented and brooding. Mark my words, they will make a hit and get HUGE. Look into how they got their name, precious and unique.
Favorite line  - All I want is to find my purpose, tired searching and feeling worthless now

The Tide - The Spill Canvas
There are songs I like based on either the lyrics or the beat. Sometimes though, you get a song that comes full circle and you love everything about it. This that kind of song. It tells a story, only using an acoustic guitar. It's tragic and beautiful at the same time. 
Favorite line - Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive

Always On My Mind -  Elvis Presley 
I love Elvis. His version to me, is the best (sorry W. Nelson).  I'm pretty sure when he recorded it he was thinking about Priscilla, and it's an apology to a lover. I love it because it reminds me of my mother and my hope that she does know she's always on my mind, as much as I mess up she's my rock and the most awesome person who has ever been in my life.
Favorite line - Maybe I didn't treat you as I should have
(footnote: I would never hold my mom "all those lonely, lonely times.)

Someday (I Will Understand) - Britney Spears
I'm not a hipster. I'm not one to like obscure music that no one on six of the seven continents has heard of. But I am a person that will gravitate towards a a popular artist's less popular songs. This is one. Yes, I watched CHAOTIC. Yes, I'm still trying to process it and yes,  I do feel that it was the last time for a VERY long time that we willever see a truly humanlike Britney Spears. You know, one with actual opinions, moods, and humor and such. I did love the last episode where she premiered the music video for this song about her first unborn, Sean. I will probably play it for my first born one day.
Favorite line -  No moment will be more true than the moment I look at you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Got a Theory

Her, Him & Them: Based on a Fictional True Story

You're Judging Me? I'm Judging You?