My Favorite Songs Playlist - Part 1

Back in my glory days, before my obsessions with The Vampire Diaries,  Zac Efron and pilot season I used to LOVE music. New release music Tuesday was my favorite day of the week. Now on Tuesdays I get stoked in anticipation for an all new episode of Pretty Little Liars. So I'm trying to bring back my music Tuesdays especially since I can't comprehend the fact that Toby is part of the A-team.

Do you miss iTunes Celebrity Playlists? I do. So here is my non-celebrity playlist. Look for this every Tuesday.

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
If you asked me what my five favorite songs of all time are, it would be troubling for me. All I would be able to tell you is that Hallelujah is my all time favorite song, in the world, ever. It's a song that can't be butchered, by anyone who covers it, ever. How can you not be at peace whenever you hear this song? 
Favorite line- The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift

For the Love of a Daughter - Demi Lovato
No one who knows me should be surprised I have a Demi song on this list, maybe they will be surprised at the song. I'm not putting it on here for my dad though, or for my mom (Cornelia J, what up!?) But this song speaks volumes to me and I have never related more to a song than to this one.
Favorite line- So young when the pain had begun, now forever afraid of being loved
Bonus line - And you can't take back what we never had

A Drop In The Ocean - Ron Pope
I nabbed this song from The Vampire Diaries. It's all about hope when there's nothing else left, and hope is pretty dope. Wait. Did I just write a lyric for my first single?
Favorite line-  I was praying that you and me might end up together. It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert. But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven.

Kiss From a Rose - Seal
I grew up an honorary army brat. When I was born my dad was already retired, but I got the privileges of being a military child. I got to go on the base, so that meant driving 45 minutes back and forth once a month and buying $400 worth of groceries for half the price. On the way home listening to B101, an adult contemporary station, and this song was on heavy rotation, as we stopped on the side of the road to buy Jersey tomatoes and peaches. A great memory.
Favorite line-Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.

Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
Waking up in 6th grade to go to school, put MTV on when that's what MTV was...you know, music television. Television filled with music. This video was on heavy rotation. The music video for this song may have been one of the first times I started to realize what art could really be.
Favorite line- Tell me I'm the only one. Tell me there's no other one

Angeles - Elliott Smith
This guy was a Godsend. Maybe that's why he's already gone. God was just jealous and wanted him back. This song describes the peacefulness and the chaos of living in Los Angeles.
Favorite line- I could make you satisfied in everything you do

No Such Thing - John Mayer
Well this should be a favorite song, I mean I have a lyric from this song tattooed on me for eternity. This is the song that came out before John's racist penis came to surface...also before his relationship with Jessica Simpson...
Favorite line- Well I never lived the dreams of the prom kings and the drama queens. I'd like to think the best of me is still hiding up my sleeve

That’s Alright - Elvis Presley
Elvis' first hit, and the first Elvis song I ever heard and the moment I fell in love with him. Nothing else to say about it.
Favorite line- Mama she done told me..

Hard To Concentrate - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Everyone loves the Chili Peppers, but you can't truly love them until you read Anthony Kiedis' autobiography. I've always been an RCHP fan. It was the first concert I went to that I learned about tailgaiting and nitrous balloons. Naturally I bought every album. When I bought Stadium Arcadium I fell in love with this song with the help of a co-worker from years ago.
Favorite line- All I want is for you to be happy and take this moment to make you my family

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran
Oh geez. This ginger. He keeps making hit after hit, and they always appear on my TV. Whether it be the CW, commercial or movie. I can't say no. This is a dream song every girl wants a guy to sing to her when they are lying in bed somewhere between the first and 10th date. Depends on commitment issues.
Favorite line- Yeah I've been feeling everything, from hate to love, from love to lust, from lust to truth, I guess that's how I know you, so I hold you close to help you give it up

Jeremy - Pearl Jam
This is the first music video that ever spoke to me. Even though it had been out for years, I remember watching it in rotation with the Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins and Nada Surf. I never really understood until Columbine though.
Favorite line- Clearly I remember, pickin' on the boy. Seemed a harmless little fuck. But we unleashed a lion...

Mother Mother - The Veronicas
I love The Veronicas, I love this song, and I love this cover. This song was on heavy rotation when I first moved out to LA. Between my mother being mad at me for leaving and worried about my well being this song summed that up.
Favorite line- Yeah, I'm working making money. I'm just starting to build a name. I can feel it, around the corner I could make it any day
Bonus line - Mother mother, can you hear me? Yeah I'm sober, sure I'm sane. Life is perfect, never better still your daughter, still the same

Bonus, bonus line -I miss you, I love you

The Great Pretender - The Platters
I grew up with oldies music playing on the weekends. The Platters were a staple. Its upbeat and sad and fun all at the same time. And fun to dance to, like you're living back in day.
Favorite line- I seem to be what I'm not, you see, I'm wearing my heart like a crown

Walking Contradiction - Green Day
Initially, I was going to put Basket Case as my song because it's the song that made me buy my first album ever, but this song is the one I relate to the most. It's also on the third album I purchased.  I relate to all the lyrics because I walk and contradict myself all the time. Well I usually stand my ground on things until others tell me to do something else. Oh. Wait...
Favorite line(s)- 
I'm a smartass but I'm playing dumb...
I'm victim of a catch 22...
I have no belief but I believe I'm a walking contradiction...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Got a Theory

Her, Him & Them: Based on a Fictional True Story

You're Judging Me? I'm Judging You?