Am I Wasting Precious Life Time By Communicating With This Person?

Maybe someone can help me out there...give me some advice.  I've had this friend for a while who I thought was actually a great friend.  Then I realized recently that all that person does is insult me and wish bad things on me.  I have never done anything to this person.  Ok maybe I inadvertanately had a sex dream or two about her guy, but I'm a growing girl. It finally hit me last night when a text convo was started. It went a little something like this all in a span of about 15 minutes:

------ SMS Text ------
From: +1609401
Sent: Jul 27, 2010 7:30 PM
Subject: Ughhh i hate u

Ughhh i hate u

(I quote movies when I get insulted or sad so I replied back with):

------ SMS Text ------
To: +160940
Sent: Jul 27, 2010 7:38 PM
Subject: Everytime you say something back...

Everytime you say something back to me it makes me love u more

-and-

------ SMS Text ------
To: +16094
Sent: Jul 27, 2010 7:38 PM
Subject: I'm very very very very sorry w/ a...

I'm very very very very sorry w/ a capital S and a capital ORRY...

I got this back:

------ SMS Text ------
From: +16094
Sent: Jul 27, 2010 7:39 PM
Subject: I hope u futon oh fun swallows u...

I hope u futon oh fun swallows u in ur sleep

(she know's I have a huge fear of furniture eating me, I had to see a therapist about it when I was 8)

it was followed by:

------ SMS Text ------
From: +16094
Sent: Jul 27, 2010 7:41 PM
Subject: I hope ur air mattress leaks cabon...

I hope ur air mattress leaks cabon monoxide

(I'm not to savvy on criminal code, but I'm pretty sure that constitutes a death threat, especially since I do not have a carbon monoxide detector in my apt)

------ SMS Text ------
From: +160940
Sent: Jul 27, 2010 7:44 PM
Subject: I hope a snake comes up ur toilet...

I hope a snake comes up ur toilet n bites ur vag off

(This is wishing physical harm on me, I completely and utterly finally know how Danielle Staub felt.)


and finally.
------ SMS Text ------
From: +16094
Sent: Jul 27, 2010 7:49 PM
Subject: i hope when tom..

i hope when tom..u walk into work n begin to smuggle raisins that the elevator door clips ur raisin right off!


(now she is insulting something I cannot control. I have no handle on when two certain areas in between my stomach and chin get cold...)

What should I do? Should I continue this friendship or cut these ties and try to build my self-esteeem back up? Because of this person I have become more self-conscious, paranoid, and depressed than when Ross and Rachel went on a break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Got a Theory

Her, Him & Them: Based on a Fictional True Story

You're Judging Me? I'm Judging You?